Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul and other good news


I can't resist shouting about the honor I just received from a reader's comments about my poetry in the latest Chicken Soup for the Soul anthology. 

1) My poem, "Mushy Face is No Disgrace," was just republished by Chicken Soup for the Soul along with a companion piece from a woman writer in Seattle who was dramatically affected by her reading of the original work. She wrote that my poem had a life changing and uplifting impact on her attitude about aging. This anthology is the "20th Anniversary Reader's Choice" publication from Chicken Soup for the Soul and was just released to bookstores.  I was thrilled to be included in this way.

2) My poem about Detroit, "The Straits" is included in The Rust Belt Rising Almanac, a new anthology whch will hit the street on June 7th. This is the first title for the Head and the Hand Press in Philadelphia. It's focus is on meaningful stories and poetry from locations throughout the rust belt.

3) I recently published an e-book of short stories and poetry on hospital and medical themes called "The Medical Director's Divorce and other stories." These are based on my 25 years as a hospital administrator. It is available from all e-book retailers and through my website: http://bobtell.com
 
.

I will have some more news for you in a few weeks about my soon to be published new novel. It will bring my catalogue of published books to five.

Happy reading and writing.

Robert Tell, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment