Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What the heck is this all about?

Well, I'll tell ya! In fact, I'll Robert Tell ya!

I'm an author of novels, memoir and poetry, but please notice that I'm not listing or promoting my work here right now. That's deliberate. I want readers and fellow authors to feel comfortable about participating in these discussions without fearing a hard sell whenever they tune in.

If you really want to know about me you can find my profile and my work described at Goodreads, Smashwords, Amazon, and all on-line retailers of books and ebooks. And that's all I'll say about that right now. Do you like that, or would you prefer to know more about me right here on this blog?

I envision this blog as a clubhouse where everyone interested in books can mingle and chat. So let's talk about what makes a good read, about publishing alternatives in the new world of publishing, what turns you on and off about writer and reader forums, and how we can make the dialogue in a blog like this meaningful to everyone who loves words, stories, cereal boxes,  or whatever format consumes your literary interests.

How can a blog like this be useful to you?

For starters, do you own an e-reader?  If not, why not? If yes, which e-reader do you own and would you by it again? Do you still read hard copy books sometimes?

Here's my take. I own a basic Nook. All I can do on it is read. That's good. When I read, I don't want a gadget that will tempt me to surf the web or check my email. All in all I'm happy with it. My wife has a basic Kindle and, truthfully, I like it too. Right now I'm reading the complete works of Agatha Christie which I bought from B&N for a buck. I love it.

I'm also reading a regular hard cover edition of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's "Majesty of the Law," and I love that too.

What about you? Let's hear from you.

Robert Tell, Author
http://bobtell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment